Do you know what TENCEL™ is?
How much science has been put into developing this fabric and why it is so important we learn about it?
We have collected some very important facts about TENCEL™.
TENCEL™ is a trademark name of lyocell or modal, a natural fabric made of eucalyptus bark. The eucalyptus is grown in Austria, Australia, America and China in specially managed groves.
- First, rayon cellulose fiber is created.
- To convert wood pulp into fiber, low toxicity solvents are used and recycled and used again
- The process to create those fibers is environmentally responsible.
- Unique physical properties of TENCEL™ lyocell fibers lead to their great strength, efficient moisture absorption and gentleness to skin
- Modal fibers are known for being exquisitely soft and pleasant to the skin. Exhibiting high flexibility
Big advantages of TENCEL™
- TENCEL™ is more absorbent than cotton because it is made of nanofibrils, meaning minuscule fibers or filaments. This superior wicking property makes TENCEL™ an excellent choice for sensitive skin
- TENCEL™ is stronger and more durable than both cotton and linen, and is stronger than cotton when wet
- Shallow environmental footprint, it is produced in a ‘closed loop’ system with low emissions and minimal waste
- Almost a completely “green” material: a half acre of forestland otherwise unsuitable for farming can produce enough eucalyptus trees, no need for pesticide or irrigation, to produce a ton of material
Try it today and feel the difference yourself.