Why does linen remain one of the most desired fabric of all times? Why despite time and progress it finds its way to the closets of most fashionable people in the world.
There are many benefits to choosing linen and almost no cons. Here are the Pros:
Fabric Pros list and it is unchallenged in the fashion world
- Linen is one of the most biodegradable fabrics in history.
- Linen is strong, naturally moth resistant and anti-microbal
- Natural colors include ivory, ecru, tan and grey
- Linen can withstand high temperatures
- It offers temperature-regulating properties, stays cool on a hot summer day
- It absorbs moisture
- It is stronger wet than dry
- The quality of the fabric improves with more washes and fabric can last up to 30 years, it just like good wine, only gets better with age
- Dates back to 8,000 BC with actual samples that survived until today
The sustainability Pros
- it is grown from natural flax seeds
- production is cost effective
- Nothing of the plant is wasted: byproducts such as Linseed Oil (great for wood preservation and varnish) are created, and flax seeds that are a superfood rich in omega-3, fiber, protein and are loaded with nutrients such as vitamins and minerals.
- Flax is resilient and can grow in poor soil, using very little water
- During the growth period very little pesticides are used, 13 times less than to grow potatoes
Cons that are truly still Pros
- Processing of linen is very laborious which results in higher prices of fabric
- Linen wrinkles easily, so embracing the rumpled look is a part of empowered knowledge
- White linen is created through a heavy bleaching process.
Try it today and become a life-long fan just like we are.